Total Pageviews

Friday, May 10, 2013

Finally finally finished

Today I finished the last three trails.  Although after Tuesday's oral surgery I wasn't supposed to engage in "exercise", I decided to walk slowly the last few miles of trail that had somehow escaped my notice.  I did check yet again the backs of the maps to make sure I wasn't missing any others.

I started off on the Eaton Hollow trail passing the Schairer Trail Center.  Look at this incredible view from the porch!  Makes you want to go out on a trail crew, no?

Then I continued on to the Argow Cabin, where I worked on a cabin crew in 2008 or 2009.  Another beauty with a fabulous view.

After returning to the car I drove up to Loft Mt. Wayside, parked the car, and walked the paved trail into the campground to the camp store, then the amphitheater, and finally the trail to the AT from the amphitheater.  Many aspects made this an enjoyable hike.  First of all, on the way up to the camp store I saw a gorgeous baltimore oriole (much smaller than I thought and much more brilliant) and a phosphorescent bluebird (see if you can find it!). 



The woods were alive with birdsong.  Second, I was glad, after passing it up twice, to walk the  connector trail from the AT to the camp store.  Finally, the amphitheater was breathtaking.  I sat down to eat my lunch and enjoy the view. 


Then I drove up to my trail to see if the little stream was still going through the 6th waterbar from the south.  Sure enough it looked like a stream to me although it had rained a lot the two days before.


So I'm definitely done.  I'll write another SNAP500 posting about which trails to exclude from future SNAP 500s. 


No comments:

Post a Comment