Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A pause to refresh

I'm about to leave for an extended trip which includes hiking the Pennine Way (the oldest National Trail in UK) and the Grande Anello dei Sibillini in central Italy.  The Pennine Way, like the Appalachian Trail, is the most famous and beloved (and feared) trail in Great Britain.  It is 256 (or maybe 268) miles long going over the spine of the island.  I'm going with my cousin Marcy and we're planning to spend 19 days on the trail and stay in B&B's and hostels along the way.  The Sibillini National Park is the newest national park in Italy and the GAS is only 5 or so years old.  It is 120 km long and Artuna and I will plan to walk it in 8 days staying in rifugios and b&bs.  I'll try to post from the hikes but internet access is limited.

I didn't hike any SNAP trails this week because I was getting ready for my other hiking trip.  Here's my current standing. 

So far I have hiked a total of 209.1 miles of which 136.6 are unique side trail miles.  I have completed 52 out of 173 side trails (174 total trails, when you count the AT).  Here are my thermometers:

Side Trail MilesOne third done!

Side Trail Number



Total Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment